Hygiene and Safety Protocol
In the protocol listed below, we acquaint you with important official information about the hygiene and safety concept for river cruises, which must be observed before and during the trip. This applies to the course of events on board and ashore. We request that you read this protocol carefully to ensure a smooth operation on board.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR YOUR RIVER CRUISE
Even before Corona, the hygiene and safety standards on board the Feenstra ships were already observed at a very high level. All our ships are well acquainted with the usual procedures in the field of hygiene and safety on board a ship and it goes without saying that extra attention is paid to this during this time. All crew members on board have a health certificate.
- The distance rule of 1.50 meters applies to all passengers and crew members.
- Coughing and sneezing in the elbow.
- Use paper tissues and throw them away immediately.
- Strictly avoid shaking hands.
- Wash your hands thoroughly and thoroughly on a regular basis.
- Stay at home if you or someone in your house has a fever (from 38 C°) and/or shortness of breath.
Before your river cruise
- In your travel documents you will find all the important and interesting information about your upcoming river cruise.
- You must be in possession of a valid vaccination certificate, recovery certificate, or a negative test result from a PCR test upon embarkation*. In addition, you must comply with the applicable rules of the country/countries that we visit during a trip. You will receive more information about the specific requirements for the country(s) you visit during your trip with your travel documents, or visit www.nederlandwereldwijd.nl
- Please note that you can only join the river cruise if you do not have typical symptoms of the Covid-19 illness, such as cold symptoms, elevated temperature, etc. If you experience any of these symptoms, please contact your GP immediately . And then also with us, in your own interest and that of your fellow passengers.
- Remember to take suitable and sufficient masks with you, both in your hand luggage and in your travel luggage.
* Please contact your local authorities to see how en where you can get a valid certificate to travel.
Arrival / embarkation
- If you come by public transport or taxi, think of suitable face masks. Consult the applicable guidelines for public transport and taxi transport. It is mandatory to wear a mask in the taxi and on public transport.
- Your travel documents contain a questionnaire about your state of health and well-being, which you must complete on the day of embarkation and take it fully completed to the ship.
- Embarkation is carried out in accordance with official requirements with the minimum distance to be observed and, if necessary, instructions given by the crew.
- Before boarding, a non-contact and rapid measurement of your body temperature takes place. If your body temperature is 38°C or higher or if you show other typical symptoms, the ship's management is obliged to refuse you access to the ship. You are also asked to carefully disinfect your hands.
- Only booked guests and crew are allowed to enter the ship. Receiving visitors during the trip is not allowed.
- Take your hand luggage on board. The handles of your other luggage are disinfected by the crew and then placed in front of the door of your cabin.
- Due to official regulations, all passengers are required to wear suitable masks when moving on board. On the sundeck you can enjoy the view everywhere with the necessary minimum distance without a mask. Only the crew will continuously wear a face mask.
- Hygiene and disinfection measures are regularly carried out by the crew, hand disinfection standards are ready for you.
- We can still offer you the use of our fitness equipment, whirlpools and swimming pools. Please note that use is only possible after a reservation at the reception.
- Board games, books, newspapers, umbrellas and other items for common use are no longer available. You can of course also bring your own.
- A staff member designated for this purpose measures the temperature of all guests and staff daily and without contact.
- In order to meet the minimum distance prescribed by the authorities, you will be allocated a permanent seat in the restaurant for the duration of your river cruise. If you would like to sit at the table with certain people, we ask you to let us know before the start of the trip, we will do our utmost to comply with your request. You will receive your table number on board.
- As always, your cabin will be cleaned daily and thoroughly disinfected later that day.
Excursions and accommodation on land
- They look forward to greeting you not only on board, but also on land. All destinations during our travels offer many interesting and interesting things to discover.
- Of course you can go ashore individually. Your hotel manager will be happy to provide information and tips about private shore excursions on board.
- The applicable hygiene regulations also apply to booked excursions. The type of excursions and the minimum and maximum number of participants on board will be announced. Excursions where the 1.5 meter distance cannot be observed will not be offered.
- It is also possible that you can only participate in certain excursions if you are fully vaccinated or can provide a recent PCR test.
- Pay attention to the official requirements such as minimum distance on land and wear a suitable mouth cap where necessary.
- Clean your hands every time you get back on board
All measures in this Hygiene and Safety Protocol are the result of government-imposed regulations. Changes to this can occur on a daily basis and be implemented on board. Keep an eye on the website for any changes. These may also apply to your trip.
Feenstra is looking forward to welcoming you on board.
On behalf of the entire Feenstra Team